Join CFMA Chicago the week of September 21-25 for a walk to benefit the Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention (CIASP). September is Suicide Awareness Month, and CFMA is committed to raising awareness for construction suicide prevention and providing financial support to CIASP to achieve its mission.
Chicago is hosting the walk as part of CFMA National's month-long virtual race where participants are invited to run, walk or bike in support of suicide awareness.
How to participate:
Team: Team leaders will coordinate a team of up to 10 members to meet at a location TBD for a one hour walk. Teams may choose to host a social gathering following the walk, but that is completely up to the team leader and participants. Register for this option if you would like to be a team leader or join an existing team.
Individual: Pick the day and time that works for you. Take a walk, bike or run on your own or with family members.
The Chicago Chapter will cover the $35 participant registration fee. Registrations must be received by 2:00pm today, September 11 to guarantee t-shirt size.
Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Select a location for your team to complete their walk (approx. 5k)
- How are teams established? Team Leaders may recruit team members and participants may choose or be assigned to teams through the registration process. Team members are not required to be members of CFMA
- Communicate with your team members about your location and meeting time
- Follow current COVID-19 safety guidelines for the location where your team walk will take place
- Take photos of your team on the day of the walk. We would love to hear about your race experience. Join the Virtual Race Facebook Group here and share your photos and connect with fellow participants! Also, share your photos and messages on social media by using #CFMARace4CIASP. Don't forget to tag @CIASP and @ChicagoCfma
Interested in being a Team Leader? Contact Deb Hypke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the registration button to join the walk. You will be contacted regarding team locations in the coming weeks.
Not able to join us on September 24? You can participate through CFMA's Virtual Race on your own time.
To learn more about CIASP and to donate to support suicide prevention in the construction industry, click here.