Responsible for organizing and administering the annual Chapter Golf Outing. Proceeds benefit the Annual Internship and Education Program.
Committee Chair and Members
Kathy Sherman, Aktion Associates - Chair
Interested in joining the Golf Committee? Please contact Deb Hypke: email@example.com
To organize an annual golf outing to provide the Chicago Chapter of the CFMA that promotes fellowship and fun, while raising funds for the chapter's intern program.
Activities and Tasks
- Set Date: The date for the annual Golf Outing is usually scheduled for the Thursday prior to Labor Day and has traditionally been structured as a “Shot Gun” Scramble.
- Develop Budget to generate support for a minimum of 4 internships.
- Review Possible Golf Course Options: Western Suburbs has proven to be a good location for most members, so the committee researches courses in that area to consider their pricing, availability and venues.
- Contract with Chosen Course/Venue & Finalize Budget. Should be determined and finalized by March of each year. Final Budget to be submitted to President, once completed. Cash Deposit is due upon signing contract.
- Approach Membership about Sponsorship Opportunities: Committee sells sponsorships to subsidize the event. Sponsor categories have typically been: Primary, Beverage Cart, Cocktail Hour, Closest to the Pin, Longest Drive, Speed Hole and Fairway.
- Register Golfers: Via snail mail, email and webpage. The event has typically generated at least 120 golfers.
- On Course Events: It has also proven profitable to contract for on course events such as golf ball launcher and scattered flag hold to raise additional cash.
- Organize Day-Of Activities: select holes for Games/Events. Also arrange prizes for various games.
- Confirm Volunteers: Sponsors have traditionally provided their own employees as volunteers. If we need additional people, the committee typically works within the membership to provide them.
- Work with Course to Confirm Event Details: Including lunch/dinner, registration, bag drop and on-course games/events.